2009/05/28

First and Last

Today was the girl's last day of school. I know everybody says the same thing, but wow! It really just flew by! Both girls had a great school year and grew a lot, not only academically, but also physically and spiritually. I am so proud of both of them

Kaitlin came out of her shell a little bit more, took more risks socially. Academically she did great! She kept motivated to do her best without any prompts from us. Her teacher Mrs. P and her aides did a wonderful job understanding Kaitlin’s personality and connecting with her. I am so thankful for them!



Natalie’s teacher Mrs. C prepared a cute little program for the parents today. I am glad that both Joel and I were able to attend. Natalie’s face just lit up when she came into the room and saw us both there. I was mortified to find myself tearing up while listening to them sing. I had to get up and pretend I was taking pictures from the back just to get myself under control. The kids all looked so cute, and so grown up compared to the beginning of the school year, I just could not help but feel a little sad that Natalie is growing up so quickly; my little baby, the youngest in her class, standing in the last of three rows of kids because she is also one of the tallest. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time.

I dressed her this morning in the same outfit she wore the first day of school. I took a picture of her by the school entrance in about the same spot as the one I had taken at the beginning of the year. When you put them side by side, you can see how much she has grown.





Let the summer fun begin!

No comments: