2011/01/05

Happy New Year!

2011 is off to a good start and we are in that “first love” stage with our New Year’s Resolutions.  Mine fit into three buckets:

1. Get Healthier and Exercise Regularly.  It’s the fifth day of the month and although not much exercise has been actually done, I have thought about it quite a bit.  So that counts for something, right?  Actually, we got a family membership to our local YMCA and have gotten as far as typing up an exercise schedule.  Tomorrow is the first time the girls and I are hitting the gym.  I can’t wait to feel that all over my body pain from sore muscles.

2. Spend more time nurturing our spiritual life as a family. I would like to have family worships at least three times a week. This is one of the most difficult things for me to do. I could write a whole post about how traumatized I grew up with our “worship” experiences as the daughter of a very conservative pastor, but will spare you the pain. Still I think it is something that is important and that will bring more peace into our home.

3. Get organized! When I open the door to my house and everything is in its place my heart sings in delight.  Unfortunately, I don’t get to hear the singing very often. Maybe this year will be the one I finally get organized.

My husband and the girls spent New Years visiting with his family in Nebraska, and that gave me some time to get an early start on my organization projects. Well, at least it gave me the time to think about them [grin]. While spending some “productive” time reading blogs about decorating and organizing, I saw this post by Just a Girl and immediately got a burst of inspiration.

I don’t have a laundry room, mine is a laundry closet and it has looked like this for a long time. It's normally the first thing I see when I come into the house and it completely drives me crazy.



After a trip to Dollar Tree and $20 in baskets, tags, and ribbons I decided to tackle it. Here it is what it looks like now… [cue angels singing]



My heart skips a beat everytime I open the folding doors.



I love it so much I have not done any laundry since I got it organized because I don’t want to mess it up! But that is a different project [grin].

Hope the New Year is off to a good start for you!

1 comment:

To The Moon and Back said...

What a transformation! LOVE IT!