2011/03/18

Catching Up - February

It has been a while. It would be great if I had something wonderful or exciting to share, but I don’t. I have just been living life, going through the everyday routines. The days go by in a blur and when I think about blogging I really have nothing to say, so I don’t [grin].

With all the disasters going on in the world, it sometimes seems trivial to sit here and write about my everyday life. But hey, it’s my life, and I want to document a little of it for my girls, since I have given up on scrapbooking and don’t even print pictures anymore, this little blog might be all they get [grin]. So here is a quick recap of the february highlights.

We did not do anything at home to celebrate Valentine’s Day (hubby and I went out to eat the Saturday before) and Natalie was so disappointed we decided to have a belated party for all of her Build-A-Bear animals. She dressed them all up and we made marshmallows dipped in chocolate, cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries to celebrate.

It was great celebrating after the actual holiday. We got everything 90% off.
We had Adventurer Club meetings. Natalie's class made sock puppets and then put on a cute puppet show about friendship for the rest of the club.




At the end of the month, Natalie’s second grade class put a little program together for their families. She was very excited to show us what they had learned. Everyone did a great job!

The teacher made these cute origami flowers for each kid to give to their family
We baked these cupcakes to take to the potluck. They were a hit with all the kids.


I even squeezed in a little bit of crafting.  Natalie and I made this clipboard for a little friend at church that likes to play doctor.


All in all it was kind of a blah February and now you got to share the "blahness" with me [grin]. 

1 comment:

To The Moon and Back said...

Love the belated Valentine's Day party, and those cupcakes? Where did you get that recipe? xoxo